uploading and FIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mullet05

Beta member
First of all, i'm just gonna say Hi since im new to the forum.
Now im fairly confident in my abilities with technology, Being A+ certified and having an associate CET.

I just had my FIOS connection set up yesterday, everything seemed to be working well to begin with, until we attempted to upload pictures to an image hosting site.

My parents are part of a motorcycle group and from all their outings they take a ton of pictures, which get uploaded to a site with a web gallery for the entire group. This is where we encountered the problem, when we had comcast, we could upload the max number of pictures (10) all at one time without any issues, but with FIOS, if we upload more than 3 at one time, my network goes down, not just losing internet access, but from all computers i can't even connect to the router (using 192.168.1.1 in firefox). Then i have to power cycle the router to get it back online. I spoke with a verizon tech and they said supposedly it has to do with their network and not allowing open connections, and since its seeing a large batch of files coming through, its temporarily disabling our connection, but i think this is a load of crap.

What im curious, is if anyone else who has FIOS, has had any issues with uploading to either a video hosting site or an image hosting site because this poses a big problem to us as most of our family lives in other states and we keep each other informed and up to date with pictures that are generally hosted through my .mac web gallery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom