Total frustration with youtube right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhgunit

Daemon Poster
God this is annoying........I am a drummer and I use youtube to play along with songs.

It has been like this for months now, it just started one day. EVERYTHING on youtube loads slow. Some more than others, but I cannot click a video and just play it without it freezing every 10 or 15 seconds.

What could have possibly changed?

Everything else the speeds are fine. I had Cox send a guy out and they could not find a single thing wrong with my connection. Their solution is "just let it buffer".

That isn't a solution. Especially not when I am paying $70 a month for 30 mbps internet. Nor does it work at all when I am using my iphone. It is faster to load a video using 3G than it is my home network. If I try using my home network I have to let it buffer of course and the phone goes into standby and resets the download.

This is frustrating beyond anything......I am about to pull my hair out.

P.S. It isn't the router. I plugged it straight into the modem and it was almost worse.

I am having the problem quite often and It it is very annoying. I think they do this to music type vids mostly. I simply want to listen to a song on youtube to help identify it and it stutters like that. A lot of people use YT to help find songs where the 30 sec previews are not long enough on most sites to really find the song.

I am currently using FF 3.6.13

It is the same for me on IE, Firefox, or Chrome. I mostly use Chrome.

And it does it for every video. It isn't stuttering in the video, it is just EXTREMELY slow loading. And I am talking about on 360p. Don't even think about 720p or 1080p.

Yes well their answer is the only answer. It doesnt matter what you pay for. It matters what YouTube supplies each line for their downloads. Do you think they care what you pay for your internet? Of course not. you are still on their site. So they will limit your download speed just like they will for every other visitor on the site. There is no way that the site can supply the bandwidth needed to reach the max download speed of every connection that is on that site at any given time. So they have to limit what each connection gets. It sucks, but it is what is done. You dont like it, dont use YouTube and find another source. That is all that can be said.

Plus you never mention if letting the video buffer solves the issue or not. Cause like already said it doesnt make a bit of difference what your connection is. It does matter how may people are on YouTube at that time trying to watch how many different videos. They have to supply more than just a couple users with their videos. So it is a sacrifice that must be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom