tmobile denying service to internet explorer

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
is it legal for a company like tmobile to purposely not make web bill pay to work on internet explorer?

I spoke to their tech support and they said they have done it on purpose so people would use other browsers but not internet explorer.

I have to install other browser for only tmobile web bill pay when there is NO other company I know that have issues with internet explorer security.
only tmobile claims to have some kind of security concerns with internet explorer and are purposely not allowing web bill pay to load into IE...

I can acess:
cable
Netflix
utilities
garbage
banks
and pretty much everything else without any security concerns

IE is a pain in the ass to do web development for because older IE browsers don't conform to web standards.

If they don't want to support a browser they don't have to. Nothing illegal about it.

Last time I checked, there was no regulation for what browsers a website had to support. Even the W3C is not an official group. The HTML5 "standards" are just guidelines. CSS is just guidelines. No one has to follow anything that they dont want to.

You dont have to like it, but it doesnt make it illegal.

Funniest thing I've read all day, also this is true:

IE is a pain in the ass to do web development for because older IE browsers don't conform to web standards.

If they don't want to support a browser they don't have to. Nothing illegal about it.

It's shouldn't really be a hassle for you to install another browser anyway, you'll probably like the competitors more.

tmobile is full of crap...
the finally redesigned the webpage (again) and now magically the bill pay works flawless even with internet explorer which they swore had major security holes and that was the reason they didnt support it....

just shows they would lie about anything. their webpage was busted for years and years and 1000s of people has same complaints every time they updated it not just me.

all these companies like tmobile ATT comcast etc they just straight out full of sht and they know after a while people just give up and stop bothering them

just venting lol for 2 years the damn bill pay wouldnt even load because of bugs in their page... and they blame internet explorer.

is it legal for a company like tmobile to purposely not make web bill pay to work on internet explorer?

I spoke to their tech support and they said they have done it on purpose so people would use other browsers but not internet explorer.

I have to install other browser for only tmobile web bill pay when there is NO other company I know that have issues with internet explorer security.
only tmobile claims to have some kind of security concerns with internet explorer and are purposely not allowing web bill pay to load into IE...

I can acess:
cable
Netflix
utilities
garbage
banks
and pretty much everything else without any security concerns

When I worked at T-mo (just over a year ago) they wanted people to use IE for their web pages. It could have changed since then though. It just seems weird for one of their own to say that unless it was one in the regular call centers instead of one of their actual tech staff. Call center folks only know what they are taught, period; I was asked a LOT of questions by those I worked with since I knew what I was actually talking about.

yea i was told different i called in first time about 2 years ago saying that their webpage is not working and been calling frequently and every time they said it was not designed to work with IE because of security issues.. and now suddenly they dont seem to care about security issues with IE and it works .. they re jsut full of crap andsay whatever you want to get you off the phone...

i called both the regular people and tech centers lol ( most likely they asked tech support about what to say.

Back
Top Bottom