thunderbird: was email sent???

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzjj

Daemon Poster
Hi guys. I was replying to an email using thunderbird. the box appeared saying it was connecting to the smtp server, there may have been other messages (such as "sending mail") but they were too fast to read. the next message i can see is "copying mail to sent items". at this point it hung and i was forced to click cancel. when closing the email it said the message had not been sent do i want to save it?, so i tried to send it again with the same problem. Although in my inbox next to the message i tried to reply to the reply flag has been set and this is there in thunderbird, kmail and the webmail program, so the message is flagged as being replied to... So: do you think the email sent? there is not a copy in my sent items folder but i would assume that the email is sent before it tries to copy it into your sent items.

Cheers, i know it sounds kind of trivial but the email was regarding a job and i may well have already sent two copies, i dont want to send them a third and make it look like i havent got a clue how to use email!!!

I guess in summary i am asking: is the email is definately sent before thunderbird attempts to copy it to the sent items folder?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom