Thunderbird 2.0.0.12 has been released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
A new version of my favorite email client Thunderbird has been released and is currently distributed to high speed mirror sites throughout the world. The release version with the version number 2.0.0.12 is already available on the main Mozilla ftp website and mirrors. Early adopters who do not like to wait another 12-48 hours before it becomes officially available through the automatic update feature and the Mozilla Thunderbird website can download it right away.
The new version is already available for all supported operating systems and languages. The Rumbling Edge reports 25 fixes and improvements over the previous version. The release notes however are not official. The official ones will be released with the announcement on the Mozilla homepage.
thunderbird_20012.jpg

The most important fixes in my opinion are the two Topcrashes and the two Crashes issues that have been fixed. Mac users will probably like that the bug that the capital J could not be written in some fields in Thunderbird has been fixed.
Oh, if you are wondering why the new version is called 2.0.0.12 and not 2.0.0.10 or 2.0.0.11. That's an effort to synchronize Firefox and Thunderbird versioning once again.

Thunderbird 2.0.0.12 has been released

Why are they tring to sync them? I thought Mozilla didnt want anything to do with Thunderbird anymore and left it up to them to sink or swim. Why the change of heart now?

Well i didnt say it was you. :p I am jsut wondering why all of a sudden after months of not supporting Thunderbird now all of a sudden they want to have the same build number again. This only makes me guess that they will now be bringing Thunderbird back under the Mozilla name...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom