is there an IE addon that lets me customize google search?

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
i know i can customize some google search parameters when logged in.

i want to customize my search without logging in is there a program or browser addon that will let me filter out the unwanted results like those stupid suggested pages

and all the paid businesses that are fighting for the first page of my search results.

or can i just block the commercial pages

in other words if im searching for articles im not interested in buying any crap that is popping up on the search results how can i get rid of those search results

or even software i can just download on my pc and use it instead of searching from within internet explorer

Try ad-block for Firefox (I think chroms too) it blocks most adds on just about any website, including youtube advertisements.

No there is no IE Addon that lets you customize Google Searches.

If you don't want the results that are filled with ads, try using Bing or Yahoo or one of the other million search engines out there. No one said you had to use Google for everything and on top of that Google doesn't have all the answers.

what about security essentials?
because i just installed it on my laptop with the latest IE and im not having problems with sht downloading without permission

is the security essentials as good as people say it is?
because on my desktop i have a firewall and antivirua and 3 different antispyware programs(not active monitoring) just firewall and antivirus active and it still downloads but laptop only has the security essentials and it has much less issues with spyware crap.

im not against firefox im just so used to the way IE displays pages its easier for me to use it.
ive used it since windows 95 came out
side by side when i use it IE seems to be more responsive

it seems like firefox users are offended when other people use or ask about internet explorer.
and act as if IE is just complete garbage and not worth even looking at...

i used to love yahoo a while ago now its kinda same as google.
google does the job but if i could get rid of sponsored pages and ads tht would be great mmkay:)

with a full time job and a kid i dont really have time to learn the ins and outs of the internetz.

all im trying to do is fiter out commercial pages from my results so when im looking for information i dont want to see pages that are trying to sell me some poop

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom