TB email backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crysalis

Systems Engineer
Just wondering if there is a way to save your mailbox in thunderbird. I'm getting ready to do a system format but I have a lot of important emails I have saved. I know there is a Save As text file option, but that has to be done one by one and can't be opened as an email again.

Does anyone know the file name of the complete mailbox where everything is stored? Or any ideas how to do this?

TIA

To backup Thunderbird email and etc, you can try to use MozBackup (free software).

Mozbackup is a free utility that allow you to backup Thunderbird. Besides, backup Thunderbird, It also allows you to backup Firefox bookmarks, mail, contacts, history, extensions, cache etc. (Download link located at the end of the post)

Just a quick tutorial, to backup Thunderbird, follow the steps below:-

- Start your MozBackup and click Next
- Select Backup a profile and highlight Mozilla Thunderbird and Click Next
- Highlight your profile (normally is default)
- Select the location where your backup files should store (by default it will save in My Document) and Click Next
- It will prompt your if you want to password protect your backup file. Click yes if you want.
- Then select the thing that you want to backup (ex: Email, address books, extensions, saved password, etc Â…) and click Next
- click Next and it will start to backup your Thunderbird
- Once finish, click on Finish and you are done!

http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/download.php

hes pretty good :p ;) , (btw i cant seam to get the phpbb files uploaded , its says access denied?)

Hmmm, not sure. This is the place you wanted me to use right?

What do yo think is wrong?

Need any more info?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom