Specifically in IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

objecterror

Daemon Poster
I have IE7, I noticed that when i let IE7 save then open torrent files or images, i have no idea where it's saved on my hard drive. Since i'm saving them somewhere, is there a direct link to this place? can i change it? iam lost amongst the options & settings.

Hello,

When you download a file in IE7, does it open automatically?

Your downloads may be saved in the temporary Internet files folder at the following location (in Windows XP):

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\

If you've not tried yet, you can reset all Internet Explorer 7 settings by going to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab... and clicking on the Restore Advanced Settings button and the Reset... button. Click apply, then OK.

Vista has a specific downloads folder under your Documents and settings folder. It is right there with the Pictures and Videos folder.

Ah yes, yanno, i've heard a lot of grand plus' to vista so far. might be interested in picking it up. I'm still running XP makaveli, sorry, something that should've been stated in the OP.

Thanks alvin, obviously I'm so used to firefox setting a default save area instead of dumping it with the temp net folders for faster browsing. I lost a lot of torrent information cause I emptied this little folder now but oh well.

Easiest way to get around this. Next time you save a torrent from within IE make sure you choose the place it saves. From then on ti will automatically save to that spot from then on. That way you will never lose another file to temp folders again. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom