Some Opera features that I can now help you with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drizzt

Fully Optimized
A few months ago I wanted to know how to refresh all tabs and spell check with opera... Now I know how and its really simple. And I want to share them with you because at least I was pointed in the right direction on tech forums, instead of having the answers spread out in front of me.

Refreshing all Tabs with Opera

If ctrl + f5 is not working by default, then that means you are running a keyboard config by default that doesn't have refresh all tabs in it. What you need to do is go to...

Tools-> preferences ->Shortcuts (on the side) -> Enable single key shortcuts

This should make ctrl + f5 work for you. You can edit it by going into the Opera 9.2 and pressing edit on the side. I made mine ctrl +alt+ f5. You can find the thing to edit quickly by typing reload all tabs at the top of the edit window.

Make sure you don't use "+" :)

Spell check for Opera

This is the only thing about Opera that ticks me off big time. No in-text spell check.... kind of gay but the many many many things that Opera has going for it makes up for this one thing imo. You need to use a script called Aspell.

First, you go here
GNU Aspell (Win32 version)

Download the full installer first, and install it first.

Then click on the link for the language you want, most likely English, and then install that.

Once those two are installed, exit out of opera and then reopen opera.

Go to a text box, and type in something like "dawt?", then right click and click check spelling, It will prompt you to either ignore, replace, or learn from the word and provide you with solutions. If this happens, then congratulations! You can now spell :D

I am still researching and asking around for a way to spell check like with firefox. I will make sure to let you guys know if I find anything. But hopefully this post will be useful to those who want to give Opera a try but NEED these features. I know i do :)

Drizzt5

p.s. I used Aspell like 10 times when I wrote this, LOL!

Drizzt,

whatever. I am not going to argue. I know it works with Alt + F5 cause I do it. You dont believe me so what. No big lose. But how about your TRY what i suggest before you call me a liar? Would be appreciated.

~Mak

I never once called you a liar. No need to be defensive. (I really don't want to make a habit of this... We also have an argument in the vista thread...I don't want any trouble).

But, according to the Opera forums where I found the information, 3 people told me that ctrl + f5 is the default for the 9.5 version.

Please help with some plug ins - Opera browser - Opera Community

Here is my post on the forums.

p.s. I'm sending you a pm.

Drizzt,

I am going by my 3+ years of Opera experience. This is the default settings i use. I change a few thigns but i do not change my button config. So i do not see how i can be so different yet it works.I have been using Opera since before it was free. I paid for my first version of Opera. Back before they released it free with 8.50. Maybe it is my experience that is workign aginst me. But from what i see of my use. It works with Alt + F5. My Ctrl + F5 does nothig unless i change my button config to Opera 9.2 settings.

Plus the very first response in your thread there even says Opera 9.2 settings.

Ctrl-F5 will reload all tabs in the "9.2 Compatible" keyboard setup,

My suggestion is for Opera 9.5 settings. See how they are different? Ctrl + F5 was teh old setup. Alt + F5 is the new setup. So i am not wrong. I just use the new settings not the old.

~Mak

Oh, you definatly have much much more experience with Opera then me, I did not mean anything by "nope", I thought you might of been mistaken.

Well then I have a question because they confused me on that forums...

If ctrl + f5 reloads all tabs in the 9.2 compatible keyboard setup, but I was already in the 9.5 settings. Then why didn't they just tell me to press alt + f5? It seems silly the way they made me go to settings and switch it over to 9.2.

Most people are still so used to the Opera 9.2 config that they use that be default and have not bothered to figure out how to use the new settings.

Honestly i do not know why they would give that suggestion. This is something that i figured out on my own.

YouTube - Opera Alt+F5 Function

For giggles. Uplaoded a video i took with my camera to YouTube. :p

Shows how i use Opera and i clicked Alt+F5. Which worked to reload the tabs. At least it is a alternative method.

Cheers,
Mak

*sigh*

wtf1.jpg

LOL look what comes up after your video!

YouTube - Opera kid

AWESOME!!!

LOL. Yeah what can i say. I learn to make things work. I seriously dont know why they didnt just tell you this. But at least you know now. ;)

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom