Social Media and Separating from the Company tied to them

Status
Not open for further replies.

office politics

It's all just 1s and 0s
a employee posts to Twitter using a handle containing the company name.

said person leaves voluntarily or is forced to leave.

said person then changes the handle to one without the company name and changes the password.

is this legal? yay or nay

one company is trying to say nay.

Technology & Marketing Law Blog: Courts Says Employer's Lawsuit Against Ex-Employee Over Retention and Use of Twitter Account can Proceed--PhoneDog v. Kravitz

this case could have companies enforce a social media policy.

a employee posts to Twitter using a handle containing the company name.

said person leaves voluntarily or is forced to leave.

said person then changes the handle to one without the company name and changes the password.

is this legal? yay or nay

one company is trying to say nay.

Technology & Marketing Law Blog: Courts Says Employer's Lawsuit Against Ex-Employee Over Retention and Use of Twitter Account can Proceed--PhoneDog v. Kravitz

this case could have companies enforce a social media policy.

Honestly such employee uses such computer and internet to make a post on twitter ?? most companys have a strict rule about illegal activity use, so I can see that this person will begin be at fault.
Also using a companys name to do this ? yes I do see this as illegal especially if such supervisor or assistant or excutive manager did not authorized this not unless it was spoken and written permission they could do this.
Also I fully agree that they cannot do this not unless they want legal problems riding their back for the next said so months until its over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom