setting up thunderbird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Everything to Nothing
ok, so i downloaded Thunderbird as i have used Firefox for almost a year now and have loved it, so anyway i'm a little confused about how to set up an account, i have a hotmail.co.uk email address.

so i click create account, enter my name and email address, then on the next box there is the option of POP and IMAP. Also you have to enter your "Incoming server". can some please give me instructions on how to setup an account, thanks in advance

You need to get a plug in for it to use it for web mail. I never got it working though I may try doing it again though.

yes what chris said. i use thunderbird with hotmail, but to do so you need to download a plugin names Webmail from: WebMail then you need to read the account setup page (WebMail) CAREFULLY and itll tell you everything you need to know to run hotmail on thunderbird :)

Unless I'm mistaken these will be what you need to do to set up TBird,....it's the same for all accounts:
For the POP, the protocol is "pop.yourservicename and ending,....example, if your service provider is Comcast.com, it would be "POP.comcast.com"

For the outgoing it would be the same except it starts with SMTP,....so it would look like this - smtp.comcast.com

You simply replace "Comcast" with whoever your ISP is.

Hope that works for you. I just set up TBird last week!

Cheers!

Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom