Serious Ie Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

3xtom

Beta member
Ok all I have never ran into a computer problem yet that I cannot fix....

UNTILL THIS WEEK

So if there are any experts out there that might have any other ideas as to whats going on here let me know

Ok hers the problem
I am running windows xp SP2
and in IE i cannot save images in there actual format it only lets me save as BMP and connot view source ( The exact same symptoms of the verry well know IE problem where you have to dump cache or have a program plugin not properly working )

Now i know all about the cache dumping and all the problems IE has with this topic.
I have done everything that any google search has told me to do
I even updated to SP2 ( knowing i didnt want to ) but i did it anyways....
hopeing this may solve my problem...

I have ran all my updated spyware filters updated my antivirus and ran this complete.... I have totally reinstalled IE it is up to date

I have checked and edited some registry settings that were messed up
All though thats not to say there is something else there that im not seeing though

Somehow , somewhere there is a file assosiation setting i believe has gotten ****ed up by spyware , hacker or other means....

Oh yeah i also am using a router and have zone alarm pro firewalls

SO TELL ME IF YOU MAY HAVE AN IDEA....

WHY WILL IE ONLY SAVE IMAGES AS BMP...
even after all the shit i have done....

now im stuck using firefox.... Its ok and it is a work around the problem
butttttttttttttttttttttttt its not a fix

there is still a problem and if its something severe i would like to know before everything i have dies......

Ok thanks guys hope someone knows what is up

hmmmm weird.....
you can usually choose at least from a couple of options....either gif or bmp or jpg and bmp....
try this link. hope that it helps.

right right.....thats why i posted the above and also why i'm making sure that you are as far away from me as possible! hehehe...kidding of course. but, i was in the middle of the post when you posted yours right before mine. it was just one of those whacky things.
not only the same link....but almost the same verbiage!!! hehe

hehehe yep I have tried all that...

Thats whats so strange This has always been a very simple fix for me...
Only this time it isnt fixing itself....

Really got me flustered I have worked on this for 3 days now with nothing

Actually like i say i am using firefox and may continue using it even if i get this problem fixed But what is worring me is that its a problem....

Know what i mean?

No offense to anyone who posts here, but does anybody read the "Important" marked threads, they usually help you solve your problem without having for you to post. Just a suggestion though. :confused:

hummmm Pavlyk I am in browser and internet questions....

And i looked through these posts in this section and didnt see anything to help me maybe i am blind or something i dont know if you know of a thread that would help me PLEASE post it ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom