Send it to him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Power

Mr Beans Sidekick
Im trying to send my friend a 600mb zip file and it wont work through email or any IM programs for some strange reason. What are methods are there?

heres an easier way..

type in the email addres as:

(whatever you want here)@dodgeit.com

then go to dodgeit.com and fill in the only field with:
(whatever you want here)
and click check mail..

then give him the link..

Dodgeit is basically a fake inbox, it sjust open to the public, so anyone will get that link, but you shoudl get a termination link to delete the file after your friend has it.. I use dodgeit for a bunch of stuff.....

Re:

Hello,

You could upload the 600MB file to online file storage.

http://www.box.net/ give you 1GB of online file storage space for free. It may take you a while, but you can upload files to a box.net account, and then share the file so that your friend can download it.

Box.net is restricted to an online interface, meaning you need to log into the website and use their online file manager to upload, downloads and manage your files...

...However, it's possible to mount a Box.net account as a drive in Windows Explorer, much the same way as gmail users are able to mount their file storage spaces as drives. That way, you don't need to constantly log into the website to upload files...instead it will be a simple drag and drop procedure in Windows. Detailed instructions are here: http://techie-buzz.com/technology-buzz/mount-box.net-account-in-windows-explorer.html

I suppose you could use a P2P solution like BitTorrent, which would be easier and give you higher speeds...but I'm not sure how you'd approach that :confused: .

Tox1cThreat said:
heres an easier way..

type in the email addres as:

(whatever you want here)@dodgeit.com

then go to dodgeit.com and fill in the only field with:
(whatever you want here)
and click check mail..

then give him the link..

Dodgeit is basically a fake inbox, it sjust open to the public, so anyone will get that link, but you shoudl get a termination link to delete the file after your friend has it.. I use dodgeit for a bunch of stuff.....

Nice tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom