Searching Computers - Is my Wife Cheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deweyVT

Beta member
I am seeking detailed information on how to search a computer for a history of where a person has been, even if I do not have specific software that does performs this function. For example, how do I search files on the computer to see if they have a profile on Yahoo, MSN, or other such platforms; or is there a record of conversations they might have had on these platforms? As much information as you can provide me would be appreciated.

Rough stuff there, Dewey. While hacking is something we don't discuss here, I can give you a couple of pointers.

Unless she knows how to cover her tracks, look in the browser's history and cookies. The temporary internet files can sometimes show a few things as well. Several IM clients save the conversations, but I seldom use them so I am not familiar with where and how. Snooping for accounts could get you in trouble, though.

There must be also ways to really check the computer to see what files have been downloaded. Can anybody provide a detailed description of how to do this with different browsers?

Opera and Firefox keep your download history stored in the download manager. Opera it is Tools>transfers. If she has not cleared it then they will be all there.

Firefox it is Tools>Downloads.

In IE it is tough to catch as it doesnt store the downloads at all.

For your MSN there is a way to store logs but if she is really cheating on you then i highly doubt that she would store logs. But you can check under the Options.

MSN it is under Tools>Options>Messages>Message History. That is where you will see if she has logs turned on. If ot you can turn them on.

C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\My Documents\My Received Files\<user folder>\History

That is the default store location.

That is about all teh assistance we can give you. We have given you all the info that we can pertaining to your situation.

I'm pretty sure the fact that you are having to investigate her for cheating is enough reason to confront her about it. Either she is and its over, or she isnt and you are going to catch all kinds of crap for not trusting her. This is a lose-lose situation unless you are trying to get dirt on her for divorce proceedings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom