Not open for further replies.

marisa406

Baseband Member
Another member posted this site, santasstoreca
The prices are amazingly cheap.
There is this disclaimer when you purchase:

Dear customer,

Let us remind you how to proceed with your order payment:
Due to a high rate of fraudulent activity we stopped accepting a credit card and PayPal payments from all but Canadian buyers. We have suffered loses due to the fraudulent activity associated with credit cards and PayPal accounts. We are able to defend ourselves against such cases and return parcels should a purchase be made by a Canadian citizen (we're located in Canada); however, we are powerless otherwise (including USA).

For your region we accept only MoneyGram money transfer.
How to use MoneyGram?

Step 1: Find MoneyGram establishment near to your house (use the link)
Step 2: Visit MoneyGram location (please have with you a personal ID, like driver licence)
Step 3: Complete a simple “send” form. Hand the form along with money to MoneyGram agent; you should have amount of money indicated in your order, plus MoneyGram transfer fee. In order to complete the“Send” form, use the following information:
Send To:
Receiver Name: Sarah Bridgman
Receiver City: Toronto
Receiver State: Ontario
Receiver Country: Canada
Step 4: When payment is made, you will be given a Reference Number. Sign in to you profile on our site and enter the Reference Number in your order “Payment Confirmation” area.

Pretty sure this looks like a scam.

It's a scam trust me. They always claim they're from Canada but if you check the IP it's usually somewhere in Africa like Nigeria.

Scam it's the same as the "HI I AM INTERESTED IN THIS ITEM MAY ME DEAL OUTSIDE OF EBAY? I CAN PAY VIA WESTERN UNION" ignore it and pass it on to your ISP.

A piece of advice for the future. Never trust a link by a first time poster who just signed up. 99% of the time it is spam and will be deleted within the hour by our great mods. I remember the Santa post and it is gone now.

Not to mention the fact that any reputable company who is advertising would make sure that their ads are free of misspellings and be grammatically correct. Businesses especially, lose credibility with me when I see spelling and grammar errors, so anytime I see an email offering me something I always read it while checking those things. I then check the address it was sent from and compare it to the address they are advertising; if they don't match: scam. And they are usually a gmail or yahoo account, something that a business wouldn't normally use as an address for adverts.

Another member posted this site, santasstoreca
The prices are amazingly cheap.
There is this disclaimer when you purchase:

Dear customer,

Let us remind you how to proceed with your order payment:
Due to a high rate of fraudulent activity we stopped accepting a credit card and PayPal payments from all but Canadian buyers. We have suffered loses due to the fraudulent activity associated with credit cards and PayPal accounts. We are able to defend ourselves against such cases and return parcels should a purchase be made by a Canadian citizen (we're located in Canada); however, we are powerless otherwise (including USA).

For your region we accept only MoneyGram money transfer.
How to use MoneyGram?

Step 1: Find MoneyGram establishment near to your house (use the link)
Step 2: Visit MoneyGram location (please have with you a personal ID, like driver licence)
Step 3: Complete a simple “send” form. Hand the form along with money to MoneyGram agent; you should have amount of money indicated in your order, plus MoneyGram transfer fee. In order to complete the“Send” form, use the following information:
Send To:
Receiver Name: Sarah Bridgman
Receiver City: Toronto
Receiver State: Ontario
Receiver Country: Canada
Step 4: When payment is made, you will be given a Reference Number. Sign in to you profile on our site and enter the Reference Number in your order “Payment Confirmation” area.

Pretty sure this looks like a scam.

"We have suffered loses" A simple mistake, but one not likely to be missed by a legit company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom