Running a 32-bit browser on 64-bit Vista (Flash Player Support)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubGum

Baseband Member
I just barely got a new laptop with 64-bit Vista (I'm totally new to Vista), and when I try to install Adobe Flash Player, I get the message "Sorry, your platform is not supported."
I researched the problem a bit and found that there is no 64-bit supported version of Flash?

So can I run a 32-bit version of Internet Explorer on my 64-bit Windows so I can install and use Flash Player? Is there any other work around?

I'm really out of my own waters here with Vista. Help please!

Generally there would be a plugin for the 64bit OS there you would simply see installed at MS or at adobe.com which reports that it is still working on one for the 64bit version of IE.

"ISSUE:

Adobe Flash Player is not supported for playback in a 64-bit browser. However, you can run Flash Player in a 32-bit browser running on a 64-bit operating system.

REASON:

Adobe is working on Flash Player support for 64-bit platforms as part of our ongoing commitment to the cross-platform compatibility of Flash Player. We expect to provide native support for 64-bit platforms in an upcoming release of Flash Player following Flash Player 10.

SOLUTION:

To use Flash Player to view Flash content on a 64-bit operating system, you must run a 32-bit browser." Flash Player support on 64-bit operating systems

You found the present solution already by simply installing the 32bit version of IE 7 there. Until Flash Player is available you simply have to use what works until then.

You found the present solution already by simply installing the 32bit version of IE 7 there. Until Flash Player is available you simply have to use what works until then.

I never actually installed the 32bit version of IE 7. Can I do that on a 64bit OS? And where can I find IE 7 32bit for download?

IE7 32 Bit is installed by default. Check the Program Files (x86) folder for Internet Explorer. It is there and run the executable file to have a 32 Bit browser.

Weird, turns out I've always been running the 32-bit IE7 (all my shortcuts pointed there). It still gives me the same message when I go to the Adobe Flash Player site, but Flash is installed and working somehow. Must have installed when I visited another site needing flash and it asked if I wanted to install. I clicked yes but it didn't seem to do anything. I'm just glad it's working. Thanks fellas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom