Retrieving Emails!

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantom555

In Runtime
Hi,
I had deleted an email which i thought i should have saved. How can i retrieve a deleted email from the email service provider?
Also if someone is not listed oneself as a member of the email provider and if i want to search a specific email address, then why isn't specific email addresses get sorted in the search results? I even searched my own email id and i found no results!

------------------
eric

Hello,

The only possible way is to contact the email provider. The only way to check with them is to try and register with that specific email. Why would they allow someone the ability to search if a email is taken? That would only help boost spam as they would be able to find legit email addresses easier. They do not want that.

Cheers,
Mak

Hi, i infact was trying to ask two questions- 1) I register for an email id like yahoo, then i find a email sent to me in my my spam folder. I delete it, and expects it to go in the trash folder. When i thought to check that in the trash folder, its not there! So how can i retrieve a specific email? Do yahoo email service collects deleted trash emails? 2) Secondly i checked out the members.yahoo.com , and in the search typed in my own email id and it showed no results! Not just my email, no specific emails get shown in the results. - eric

A free e-mail provider is not going to restore accidentally deleted e-mails. With the millions of accounts they're servicing for free, they can't afford to store deleted messages and respond to recovery requests. Consider the message gone.

The Yahoo Member Directory appears to only contain IDs of members who have joined the Interest lists.

meh, it's a drawback for anyone who has accidentally deleted an email, and I'm fairly certain that the number of accidently deleted emails is well into the billions, if not trillions or more. if you want premium service, best advice is get a premium account which you pay for.

I think there should be a built in log for emails received and sent for a particular email account! - eric

I think there should be a built in log for emails received and sent for a particular email account! - eric

Why? Just because you delete a email they should have to log everything for you? That is insane. Do you know how much space it would take to log EVERy email for EVERY account?

Maybe you should be more careful? If you are lucky you can contact yahoo and they might still have it on their servers. They are not deleted fully from their servers instantly cause they do restore some function for special purposes.

But you must contact them IMMEDIATELY. It is not their responsibility to log emails. It is not their responsiblility to track them. That is your responsibility. This is part of your agreement when you sign up.

Hi, logging would not consume space. There is an 'event viewer' in winxp, if like that only the info of email sent and received would somehow be logged. Then i would have even noted down the email address of the accidently deleted email and requested them to resend it; also if there was a inbuilt log for email in my email account, then i would have been able to catch intrusion and would have changed my password! I'll contact yahoo and update this thread. - eric

Creating a log would consume space. Just as the event viewer does. It is just a text file that has a GUI. For the millions of users that would be at least a TB of space that would be needed for the amount of emails that some accounts get. A log file would have to use some kind of space. If not then it would not exist.

Sorry to say but what you just said is totally inaccurate. For what you want you should just buy a email server. No free email service will offer any of those services. You seem to think that there is a conspiracy against your email. This isnt the first time that this was brought up.

Get a email server for yourself. That is the only way you will get the kinda control you want. Sorry to be so blunt but that is the truth.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom