Retrieving from a browser's cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbcohen

Banned
When I look at things on the internet, I am told, the web browser keeps a copy of items in its cache. I am also told that I can use the cache to retrieve copies of things from. How do I retrieve things from the cache? I use firefox at home rather than Internet Explorer, how do I do the same thing with firefox?

Ok, here is the task at hand:

I have several home made videos that I have palced on-line, and I would like to make a backup copy of them on DVD and one for viewing on my DVD player. Unfortunately I have negelected to make backup copies before I placed them on-line. I figure that I would could accomplish this task by:

1) pulling the video from my browser's cache
2) converting the file to a format suitable for DVD players
3) copying the video to DVD.

Mak ttells me how to view the cache (how about pulling a video out of the cache), step three is not really a problem but step two is throwing me a bit.

The browser doesnt keep the video in cache. It will only hold parts of the video in the cache. You would have to find all the parts, if you could and then combine them.

Why not just download the movie from where you have them online and then convert them to DVD? That seems like it would be much more simple than trying to go through your cache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom