*RESOLVED* No tabs in FF3 beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
I love the look and the way it works... but, in three installations, I get no tabs. Oh, the sites open in tabs, but I cannot access them or see them. I know they are there because FF warns me when I try to close it, but that is the only way (besides my cursor showing that work is going on in the background).

I have Tabbrowser preferences, and am using NNT to make everything compatible. i have went through the tab settings and everything should be kosher.

So... anyone got any light to shed on this?

Re: No tabs in FF3 beta

What extensions do you have? Your ussual set? Do you have New Tab in Tab Bar extension? If so get rid of it. Taht one causes havoc with FF3. I use several extensions and still get tabs.

I am uploading shots of my add ons so you can see what i have and still get tabs. I am thinking it is a extension you are running that is causing this.

CookieCuller
Yahoo! Mail Notifier
Paste and Go 2
Yes popups
McAfee SireAdvisor
NoScript
Download Manager
FEBE
Firebug
FirefoxMenuButtons
Fitt's Back Button
Gmail NotifierTiny Menu
TinyURL Creator
Toolbar Buttons

Those are ones that i personally have not tested. So my suggestion would be to turn off all these extensions then one by one turn them back on to see which one is causing this issue.

My guess it will be the toolbar buttons.

I have to go and work on someone's comp tonight, but I will give it a go if I get home in time.

I live and die by a few of my extensions, so they will be the last I try turning off.

Okay i now have everything but FEBE, Gmail NotifierTiny Menu.

I dont install FEBE since i found a way around it. Read my sticky. I still cant find the GMail Noifier Tiny Menu. but i have got the rest with still having tabs. :S

The download Manager is the one i havent found yet. There was a Download Manager Tweak and a Custom one. Which one are you using so i can test it out.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6945
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/256

I like testing stuff....:D

Gmail Notifier and Tiny Menu are two separate extensions. Gmail Notifier works like Yahoo Notifier, and Tiny Menu puts all of the menu options (File, Edit, etc) into a drop-down, freeing up space.

I may ditch Download Manager, as the oterh does the same thing.

Ahhh.. Okay that is why. They were placed together i thought that they were one extension.

I will add them now and see what happens.

Well the only thing i am missing the the FEBE and the All in one Sidebar. I will get that next.

Edit:

I got the All in one Sidebar now and that is working as well. So either it is FEBE or something is wrong with your install.

I didn't get to mess with it last night, between working on a comp and all the usergroup tagging ;). I do plan on seeing what I can do with it. My problem with jerking extensions is that my comp uses the same extensions on both 2.0.0.14 and 3b... and I don't want to screw up my 2.0.0.14.

Well i have personally tested just about every extension you have said. The only 1 i have not installed is FEBE. My Firefox 3 was working perfectly. But that being said i also just run Firefox 3 not Firefox 2 at all. So that could be why mine works and yours doesnt. If you want to zip up your profile and send it over to me, i will isntall Firefox 2 and reinstall Firefox 3 after thatn and test it out to see if i can figuer this out myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom