Reset your Windows Live ID password?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dude112

In Runtime
I've recently been getting these suspicious mail from supposedly microsoft telling me I resetted my password and i need to do this if i did and that if i didn't. Did some googling and some other people been getting them aswell. As advice to these other people they just say delete it and forget about it, which I did but these mails keep coming everyday which is annoying. Anyone know if it's legit?

I DID change my password recently but I'm able to log in with my new password...
Oh, and these mails came a few DAYS after I changed my password...

this is the mail that was sent:

Reset your Windows Live ID password
From: Microsoft Customer Support (support@passport.msn.com)
Sent:Thu 3/13/08 2:30 PM
To: name@hotmail.com

Hello name@hotmail.com: You recently asked to reset your Windows Live ID password by e-mail. Follow the instructions below to reset your password, or to cancel your password reset request.

TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD:

1. Select and copy the following Internet address.

https://accountservices.msn.com/EmailPage.srf?emailid=4e8359917c9182e1&ed=BwtwdkGsmc6TD% (more clipping)

2. Open a browser, paste the link in the address bar, then press Enter or Return on your keyboard.

IF YOU DID NOT REQUEST TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD:

1. Select and copy the following Internet address.

https://accountservices.msn.com/EmailPage.srf?emailid=4e8359917c9182e1&ed=BwtwdkGsmc6TD% (more clipping)

2. Open a browser, paste the link in the address bar, then press Enter or Return on your keyboard. Thank you, Windows Live ID Customer Support

NOTE:please do not reply to this message, which was sent from an unmonitored e-mail address. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered.

As with all mails like this...COMPANIES WILL NEVER MAIL YOU TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD!

It's not mailing me to change my password but telling me that i requested a reset, which i did. But it's strange to get such a mail and not just a confirmation and it came a few days after i changed it.
Besides, changing password happens right there on the spot, no emails required, which makes it even more strange.

E-Mails do get delayed sometimes but as long as you can login don't worry about it.

Funnily enough i got a mail from paypal saying my account has been suspended and to logon to this link and change my details...i laughed as i've never had a paypal account!

419eater.com !

The fact that it came from accountservices.msn.com should be a clue. I have never seen any such subdomain for MSN. Fraud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom