res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm#

Status
Not open for further replies.

opageorges

Solid State Member
For several days I got this message when trying to use IE, and thus unable to go any further. At the same time Firefox stopped to work too! Can some one tell me what to do? I run Win XP SP2.
Thanks
Opageorges

Hi,
Thank you for your advice. Unfortunately, by the time I found where the file Removal Guide by Osiris was downloaded, The last open browser (Safari) crached and I am unable to go online with that Laptop. Whenever I click on an icon or on a folder, I receive a message: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."
I think my last resort is gonna be to wipe out C:\ and reinstall from the recovery? How do I do that correctly? Or is there another way to solve my problem.
Once again thank you.

Reviewing my last post, I am surprised to find Symantec in the log, I thought I had uninstalled it completely

I followed your advice and finally Norton is out of the picture and guess what...IE, Firefox and Opera are working. I had still trouble with one program: 'edutrade" that couldn't connect. I uninstalled it, but could not reinstall it. I had to use a desktop to put it on a flash drive. It seems to work.
Any idea about what happened?
Thank you.
opageorges

What is Edutrade exactly? I have found a bunch of stuff on it but nothing really good. :S

Could be a corrupted Registry entry or you might have to remove the files from the PC before you can reinstall it.

Hi,
Edutrade is a trading online platform, eSignal is linked to it. It has to replace Star Trader and TradeSeeker eventually. At this time it seems to work properly, but we are not in trading hours!
I come to believe that it was Norton/Symantec the culprit. It had Thousands of entries in the registry. I have had problems with it on my oldest PC too. That seems to be fixed also.
I will keep you posted if anything happens.
Thanks.
Opageorges

Yes if you look thru the Virus area where we talk of AntiVirus solutions you will see Norton and McAffee are not high on many people's list.

They use to much resources and bog down your system. Let alone are incompatible with 50% fo the software out there and break the other 50% of the applications.

It is always advised to use something better. Avast!, NOD32, or AVG are always the first to be suggested. Avast and AVG the free versions work 300% better than Norton or McAffee. So it isnt saying much for those apps when a free one works that much better.

But those are also some top rated AV even being free. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom