Remote desktop management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunnforce

Beta member
I'm a computer repair tech. I'd like to have the ability to get my customer to subscribe to my repair services along with monitoring their computers as well. I come across a lot of customers that don't know much about computers and when a problem happens they call in a repair company and pay them ridiculous money to come out and fix the problem. I'd like to monitor their computers for them. Is there a software out there that I can use to centralize that service and be able handle all my customers from where ever they are and on whatever network from a browser? Is there a service already in place that I could just resell? I want to create a website for computer repair services and I want to have the ability to offer this service. How should I handle this? Thanx in advance.

At work we use Bomgar for remote support and it sounds like it does exactly what you need. You can connect to customers by either having them download and run a file from your website, email them a file to run, or place a icon on their desktop that will automatically launch the connection when they click it. It requires no configuration on the users end, after launching it they simply agree to allow a representative to connect to they system and they will show up in your connections list. I'm not sure how much a license of the software costs as they purchased it a long time before I started working here.

bomgar requires that you purchase, install, and maintain a hardware device at the office and uses annual subscription pricing. At our office we use mikogo instead of bomgar. mikogo is free for everyone and doesn't require a hardware purchase.

also there's kaseya. a more feature rich and costly software.

IT Management Software Features | Kaseya

another option is logmein.

bomgar requires that you purchase, install, and maintain a hardware device at the office and uses annual subscription pricing. At our office we use mikogo instead of bomgar. mikogo is free for everyone and doesn't require a hardware purchase.

also there's kaseya. a more feature rich and costly software.

IT Management Software Features | Kaseya

another option is logmein.

Crap, I completely forgot about the physical device since it's back with all of the network equipment and I never see it. Sorry about that.

Mikogo does look interesting.

TeamViewer can be used like this. When it is installed you have the option to set up a remote access that would allow your parter (or monitoring company) to remote log in/access the computer; by default the end user must run the program and give the other person their ID and password number to grant access. TeamViewer is free for private use, but requires a license for commercial use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom