RE: Firefox infected my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And IF you had BOTHERED to read the FULL article:

Firefox 1.0.1 - The install works.
Mozilla - The install works.
Avant browser 10.0 (build 153) - The install works.
Netscape 7.2 - The damn thing kept crashing, but eventually I was able to discover that the install works.
NetCaptor 7.5.4 - The install is blocked.
Opera 7.5.4 - The install is blocked.

(And it's since been confirmed by Daniel Veditz, owner of the Security Group over at the Mozilla Foundation, that this will indeed work in Opera with the right permissions enabled - though to date, I still haven't been able to get this to work. More http://my.opera.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=83988).

So before pointing the finger at FIREFOX...read the danged ARTICLE!!! Liz

southernlady said:
And IF you had BOTHERED to read the FULL article:

So before pointing the finger at FIREFOX...read the danged ARTICLE!!! Liz

No need for the rudeness Southernlady and yes I did read the full article thank you. I originally did not notice that The Major had found the article for himself hence my "disregard notice". If you notice the author also pointed out that he hasn't been able to get it to work with Opera even WITH the correct permissions enabled.

Oh yeah, a Mozilla security official says it works with Opera so it must be true. :rolleyes:

Listen...those of us at ASAP are having enough of this and the HATE mail that paperghost has had to deal with because of SWI's article has been incredible. If you go to the forums at Opera, they even admit it WILL work.

I'm sorry I got rude but it is a sore point that everyone is blaming Firefox when the fault actually lays at SunJava and IE.

The reason he focuses on Firefox is that the bulk of the users who do NOT use IE, DO USE Firefox. And that would get the attention of more than just those of us at ASAP and a few forums if we had posted that a *Flaw had been found in IE*...heck, we post THAT one a dozen times a day! Liz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom