Puniz...legal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelm3103

Fully Optimized
I Love Music. And You?, on the website it states big and bold "100% FREE and Legal" yet underneath it states "No files are cached or stored on our servers. The services is based on third party sites". So my question is, how legal is legal in this point? It seems to use Youtube as 1 of the sites to search on. If you can download or so for free...I'm guessing the artistes are losing out on money?

My question is just how legal is legal in this situation and what do you artistes point of view is...do you think they would want to take legal action and stuff?

It's illegal for you to download it, but since they don't actually host it they aren't doing anything illegal. Though similar to The Pirate Pay case they could be done for encouraging you to do so.

No it is not illegal for them to be the "middle man" so to speak. they are not hosting the files so they are not technically breaking any laws. They are just providing links.

But downloading the material is illegal.

No it is not illegal for them to be the "middle man" so to speak. they are not hosting the files so they are not technically breaking any laws. They are just providing links.

But downloading the material is illegal.
Ah ok cool, that seems to clear it up. As oppose to encouraging users to download the files (I guess, influencing the user to do an illegal act), there's no punishment towards it? Not like I want to close any companies down or hate people...I just like to get info on it lol, been pondering about these websites lately lol.

The thing is no matter how much you want to say they are "encouraging" illegal activities, the person still have to take the action and click the link to get to another site to download the file. In the end if the person is that hard up to go to the site in the first place, they arent going to let a little semantic like clicking another link get in their way. They are there for a reason and nothing is "encouraging" them to do what they are.

This is the same arguement that several site s use now. Such as the Pirate Bay. They say that they do not monitor such things as "What torrents are being uploaded, they are just an index for the torrent list" is their way of saying "Hey it is the users that are breaking the law not us".

In the end no matter what the user is responsible for their actions. If that site goes down, another 3 will be up tomorrow doing the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom