Proxy Tunneling help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echo978

Beta member
Alright, I've really been into this online game for a while, and now I'm at college using the campus LAN net connection (=uber-fast, or so it would seem). The bad part is that it's set so 'research' use of the net takes priority over gaming, p2p software, etc. so it's been goin so slow lately that it's almost impossible to play, so, i started askin around about how to speed it up. I was told about having to bypass server proxy or something like that (they called it tunneling). I've been fiddling around with some stuff i found on the net about it, but i can't figure out how to use it. Could someone plz let me know of some good programs and how to use them (and correct me if i've been misinformed about any of this:) )

The way the tunnelling software works is that is moves the traffic from your game onto the ports usually used for valid traffic and sends it to an external server. This will then forward the traffic to where you want it to go. Try HTTP Tunnel.

Download the HTTP tunnel client and go into the configuration. Tell it that all traffic from 127.0.0.1 (loopback address) Port 5555 is to be redirected to game.server.com Port ?

Then in your game tell is to connect to the server through 127.0.0.1 on port 5555.

You can choose any port > 1000 or just use the default one for the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom