Proxy internet websites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, your school cares that much? Jeez. My school just recently noticed that a whole butt-load of space was suddenly taken up by my classmates and i with Steam, Quake 3 Arena, and Unreal Tournament, and simply said "Please delete it."

Lol my school is sadistic in its method theres 8 computer technicians constantly working improving the network if you go on a website that is unorthodox it is usually blocked within a week. And they have sperate routers controlling each area of the school so that u can only connect with the computer in the same area as u over the lan unless in the technicians room which is locked and has 4 webcams constantly monitoring for movement lol. Then theres msn messenger which is allowed for 1 hour a day between 9 and 10 but you cant use webcams or microphones. the system administration password is 32 digits long so near impossible to crack. So far the furthest me and my roommate have got is able to have complete control over the school computer which log into which has 20gb of free space so is good for stashing programs and also prioritise internet to the computer we are using so that 700mb files take under 5 minutes to download.

There are lots of proxy scrambling websites like www.merrynewyear.com just type the address in the box and www.purplebanana.com

does any one have ny suggestions on how to pass these problems they will be uch appreciated my school is a boarding school so I cant wait until i go home as that is every 7-10 weeks lol.

Matt

when i tried to do the mozilla thing it didnt work any new suggestions?

Snake-Eyes FF2.0 - Tools > Options > Advanced tab > Network tab > Click "Settings" under Connection. * Check the radio button that says Manual Proxy Configuration. Type in an IP, like 148.233.159.24 and port 3128 (i use that proxy, works fine. Some areas though it won't let you in. Gmail is the only thing i've found, though, that it blocks consistently.)

FF<2.0 - Tools > Options > "Settings" under Connection on main. Follow above directions from the star. <-----DOESNt WORK! page wont load after i do that

Thats because the proxy is done by the server not by the slave computer on the network so changing it to manual proxy settings does nothing jst makes you try and ping a non-existent internet server

Matt

There is away as last year a german guy figured it out he told me but i wasnt listening lol. I was a jock last year so probably wouldnt of understood anyway. he could get past the block and go on any website and also use bittorrent in school and limewire whateva u use.

Matt

screen shot not needed. Problem is a compulsary external proxy server so possibilities are:

1. we use 2 proxy servers and route the packets through the first and then through the second one. But I know this exists but dont know how to do it so some help needed lol.

2. ????? ure guess is as good as mine buy some sort of wireless solution such as a 3g card

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom