Proxy internet websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben_ben

In Runtime
My school blocks most websites in the world and much of the proxies to by-pass them does anyone know how to by-pass the blocker thing or proxies or something!!

FF2.0 - Tools > Options > Advanced tab > Network tab > Click "Settings" under Connection. * Check the radio button that says Manual Proxy Configuration. Type in an IP, like 148.233.159.24 and port 3128 (i use that proxy, works fine. Some areas though it won't let you in. Gmail is the only thing i've found, though, that it blocks consistently.)

FF<2.0 - Tools > Options > "Settings" under Connection on main. Follow above directions from the star.

IMO - if it's a site on which you will be doing school-related things, I recommend asking a teacher if you may be granted access to it.
If it's a totally non-school-related site, I recommend waiting until you get home to access it.

penfold i don't care what you recommend i care about an answer like snake eyes gave me

I have the answer, I figured it out last week. The **** tech teachers think they can outsmart us! lol.. It super simple!

tools>internet options>connections>lan settings>uncheck the proxy server box

And... you're unblocked! Hope that helps!

derricks4 said:
I have the answer, I figured it out last week. The **** tech teachers think they can outsmart us! lol.. It super simple!

my school has all internet access blocked unless you go through their proxy, so this doesnt work everywhere.

derricks4 said:

A lot of schools (mine included) do not allow internet options to be opened. Firefox works, though. I wouldn't doubt Opera can do this also, but i do not use Opera enough to know.

internet explorer options is blcoked but i downloaded firefox a long time ago and would use phproxy extension to by pass but they soon found out and blocked but you can access the options in firefox

thanks alot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom