Problems surfing with Norton

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark.jones

Beta member
Hi

I have been having problems using amazon.co.uk recently. Whenever I do a search, select an item and then click the back button I get "The page cannot be displayed" screen.

I have Norton Internet Security 2004 installed and when I disable this completely everything is fine. I have tried adding amazon to the list of sites and setting all options to 'permit' but this doesn't work.

It's really annoying! Any ideas?

Cheers,
Mark

Win XP Pro SP2
IE6

Make sure that your firewall is disabled, and also make sure taht you dont have 2 different virus protections using there firewalls, cancelling themselves out. I thought i deleted norton b.c i only had a 30 day trial or something..... Anyway, i had some one look at it and that was the problem.. hope this works for you...

Not quite sure what you mean: I have Norton firewall installed and I have disabled the built-in Windows firewall.

I'd prefer amazon to work with Norton ENABLED as disabling it obviously is compromising my security (not to mention irritating).

I emailed a friend who also runs Norton Internet Security 2004 and he has the same problem. He tried it with Firefox and apparently that works fine.

I might migrate to Firefox. Anyone know if it's any good?

Cheers,
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom