Problems Streaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
The amount of RAM you have has no effect on streaming videos. It is all dependent on your ISP and download speed and if you keep a constant connection.

The amount of RAM you have has no effect on streaming videos. It is all dependent on your ISP and download speed and if you keep a constant connection.

my internet speed is 9.90 MBPS where it should be for my area high speed and my streaming is still stopping off and on! I'm frustrated!

Yes but just because you have a high bandwidth doesnt mean that those sites feed you the stream at that speed. You have to remember that places like YouTube have how many people accessing the site at any given time and they have to stream videos to everyone not just you.

So therefor streamed videos are capped at how fast they can download. Have you tried pausing the stream for a few seconds to allow some video to download and buffer?

Yes but just because you have a high bandwidth doesnt mean that those sites feed you the stream at that speed. You have to remember that places like YouTube have how many people accessing the site at any given time and they have to stream videos to everyone not just you.

So therefor streamed videos are capped at how fast they can download. Have you tried pausing the stream for a few seconds to allow some video to download and buffer?

I use do that when I had slower Internet Speed, why is it then it just started doing this? I know your probably right but just can,t figure out this just started happening?

Well have you tried doing other things online to test? Like a game or something to make sure that it isnt the line or called your ISP to have them test it? Have you reset your router? Have you gone through the Osiris spyware guide?

I know it seems like a simple step but try clearing your browsing history.

Start > control panel > internet options > delete button > delete files/cookies/history
(or if you have IE 6 delete cookies/files and clear browsing history)

I had the same issue last night and since I was running on firefox thought it had nothing to do w/ that. Low and behold firefox still hold cookies/files that are controlled by internet options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom