problems with homepage

Status
Not open for further replies.

g-lude

Beta member
ok, usually my homepage is comcast.net, but now every time i open it, it opens with C:\spex\start.html as my homepage. i dont know where it came from either. when i go to the control panel to change it, i can change it back to comcast.net, but when i go to open the internet, it changes back to C:\spex\start.html. when i check in the control panel, it says my homepage is that also, when i just changed it to comcast.net. i cant seem to get it to go away, it always changes itself back to C:\spex\start.html.
anybody know how i can get rid of this? thanks in advance.

First, create a folder for HijackThis in the root folder of your hard drive so it can make proper backups
example
C:/HJT
C/hijackthis
next
Click here to download Hijack This. Save it to the folder you have just created
Close all open windows and open HIJACK THIS. Click “Scan”[/b] . When the scan is finished (it only takes a second), the scan button will change to“Save Log”. Click on“Save Log” and save it to NotePad. Copy the entire log and paste it here.

DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET , most items that appear in the log are harmless or even needed. Wait for someone to analyze the scan and advise.

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\navapw32.exe
C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTSvcCDA.EXE
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Utilities\NPROTECT.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\nopdb.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\ZeroHero Software\AlphaXP Lite\AlphaXPLite.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\hijack this\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://www.myexexex.com/search.php?said=spage&qq=%s
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = file://c:/spex/start.html
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = file://c:/spex/start.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.myexexex.com/searchbar.php
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://www.myexexex.com/search.php?said=spage&qq=%s
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NAV Agent] C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\navapw32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroCheck] C:\WINDOWS\System32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O9 - Extra button: AIM (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Microsoft® JavaScript® Console (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: JavaScript Console (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Microsoft® JavaScript® Console (HKCU)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: JavaScript Console (HKCU)
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab

this is what i got in the log, advise me.

hi g-lude

Click here to down load CWShredder by Merijn Bellekom, the creator of Hijack This
If you have it already then make sure it is v1.59.0

Run it, press 'Fix', and allow it to fix all it finds.
And remember to click "Fix" (Not "Scan only")

Reboot

CWS installs via the byte verifier exploit in M$ JavaVM so just surfing a page with an infected applet can install it with no user participation. So once youÂ’ve run the above, it is vital that you go , click here in the main frame,Scan for updates and download and install all CRITICAL updates recommended.

repost another log

post the whole log next time incase we need to try some thing else some fixes are OS specific

Lobos

It might be easier to just run updated scans with Ad-aware and Spybot... they usually fix any problem like this.

well i tried all of those things, including ad-aware, but none of it seemed to work. but then i just tried system restore and went back a couple days and everything went back to normal and internet explorer opens with comcast.net again.
lobosblanco, while what you told me to do didnt seem to work for me, i really appreciate your help and advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom