Problem opening Firefox & Chrome...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rondo09

Beta member
On my home desktop (older xp machine) i am recently (last 3 days) been having a problem connecting to Google chrome, which is giving me: Error 102 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED) Unknown error. Also, Firefox won't even execute itself to open up the browser. The weird thing is, is the IE works perfectly fine (but the thats the last browser i want to be using) Although when in "safe mode w/ networking" firefox opens up & connects perfectly fine. I have already done extensive research on my problem, and can usually figure out and fix these issues on my own but this on it really getting to me... so here's a list of things i'v tried:

1)Deleted both google and firefox browsers and reinstalled newest stable versions
2)Updated Malwarebytes, Avast Antivirus, and Superantispyware and ran full system scans on all three
3)Went into safe mode ran scans on all three again... No viruses except for some spyware, and Cain & Abel came up for some reason
4)checked antivirus software and firewall
for exceptions and made sure the browsers were accepted
5)Made sure the proxy server box was uncecked under LAN settings (it always was unchecked)
6)Deleted all unused programs along with C&A

*Also my home wifi is working perfectly for my laptop, but ever since this started happening my Xbox Live, which is plugged straight into my modem, has been verryyy slow... don't if that has anything to do, just a side note.

After doing all of this i have made no progress and can only use IE in regular mode, and Firefox works in safe mode.

If anyone has any suggestions please shoot them this way, much appreciated.

Has your system been updated lately? Your system may not like one of them. You should be able to view your update history at windowsupdate.microsoft.com

When i tried to open that page in IE its came up with the "Page cannot be displayed" screen, although any other page i go on still work in IE.

any other suggestions???

yeah i know..I didnt use the www, and how would i pick the date of which i want to do the system restore from?

The system restore should have a list of dates and why the restore points were made.
For example: 15/01/2012 | Installed Service Pack 1
There should be numerous listed if you have used the system for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom