Problem Installing PINNACLE PCTV STEREO

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiree

Solid State Member
While Installing PINNACLE PCTV STEREO , right at the beginning ERROR MESSAGE comes that-"OLDER VERSION OF PCTV FOUND ON YOUR COMP, FIRST REMOVE IT WITH CONTROL PANEL>ADD/DELETE THEN INSTALL"

Having once removed thr ADD/DELETE the same error message as above comes on repeating while installation.

At my son's suggestion I have deleted all registry entries related to PINNACLE and PCTV using REGEDIT .

But Installtion is returning with same error.

Please suggest some solution.

Shiree

Hello Shiree,

It looks like there are traces of Pinnacle PCTV in your registry. Download CCleaner and run the registry cleaner and it will look for unnecessary registry entries, and remove the old ones kept from the previous version of PCTV.

http://www.ccleaner.com

Problem Installing PINNACLE PCTV STEREO

Ultimately I installed XP at other partition and installed PCTV STEREO

After installing PCTV STEREO version is giving ERROR CODE 39.
After checking at Pinnacle site it is learnt that this error is due to XP SP2 .
I dont know what to do.
Appreciate any input
Shiree

Thanks talldude123 for taking time out to solve my problem. Anyway I will wait for some suggestion.
Regards
Shiree

talldude123 thanks .
As the the PCTV software is installed now (having clean installed XP at other partition)----While running the programme itis giving ERROR CODE 39. Which is acknowledged at Pinnacle site as PCTV problem with XP SP2.
But they dont have solution.

Shiree

Thanks all specially " talldude123" . PROBLEM SOLVED after making follwing steps.

1--Made clean install of XP at other partition .
2--Installed PCTV .
3--Updated with a patch for SP2 from Pinnacle site.

Thanks
Shiree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom