posting problem in all forums ! help meeeeeeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaa_ecv_tc

In Runtime
Hi ..
here is the problem :

When I write the post, the computer responds to my keyboard very slowly .. sometimes needs more than 3 sec to write a letter on my screen .. this happens only in the internet explorer , firefox & in google chrome << only in forums !
So I write my post in Notepad then copy-past the text ....
I can't format because I have a lot to reinstall & this will take forever :(

this was the old problem ...
the new one is today : I post but after the posting the text is not complete !! usualy only the first line is posted the other lines disappers !!

- the last thing : I can post normally in the first 30 minutes from running my laptop (aspire 5315) after that it starts to post the first line only !

my system is : windows xp sp2 ....
AntiVirus : kaspersky internet security 7 .. updated today

any idea ?

Yeah go through Osiris's guide in the Virus area. Clean up your PC with Defrag, CCleaner and other tools and possibly prepare for a reinstall. We all have lots of stuff installed and we all hate to have to format, but sometimes it is necessary.

It was a virus !! .. there was a process named : keyl.exe

I stopped it & every thing is fine now !!
now I removed it from the startup & from my whole laptop .. thanks god I will not format any thing ..

- I don't know what's going on !! is it realy kaspersky didn't see that !!
or maybe it is just a "for fun" virus !! because there is no autorun.inf or any stuffs that a virus makes ..

thank you very much ...
Best Regards
ALAA

There doesnt have to be a autorun.inf file for a virus. That would only be present on a USB Flash Drive or a CD anyways. You wouldnt need that file for a virus on a PC as it can get hooked to the startup via the startup folder, msconfig among various other things.

I'd still advise you to go through Osiris's guide just to make sure you're completely clean.

the computer looks clean ..
however , I'll check my computer ..

mak213 : I see that most viruses make the autorun.inf file in all drives d: e: f: .. etc , incase of formatting the system , once the user opens any drive the virus will return to work as before ..

Thanks alot

mak213 : I see that most viruses make the autorun.inf file in all drives d: e: f: .. etc , incase of formatting the system , once the user opens any drive the virus will return to work as before ..
Again i will say that the autorun.inf file is mainly used for CD/USB Thumb Drive infections. IT is very rare that you will see this on a virus for a Windows based system as there are numerous ways to get it to startup.

This is not needed for infections within Windows because you dont want them to know that it is there, so you wouldnt give it a autorun.inf file. IT would be in a Registry Entry, MSConfig Entry, Startup Folder or one of the many other ways that you can get something to startup within Windows without detection to prevent the user from knowing that they have the infection. It would be a bad thing to have a autorun.inf file on a virus cause it would inform the user that something was trying to start and prompt them that something was starting. Which would be like having the screen flashing with big bold letters saying "YOU ARE INFECTED".

Never in all of my years using PC's and having multiple drives and partitions have i ever seen a virus insert a autorun.inf file onto my drives.

Change every password for every type of account you have accessed on the internet. ASAP.

Thanks for the advice ... But I don't store any passwords on my computer .. however I change all my passwords every 3 days

:)

Again i will say that the autorun.inf file is mainly used for CD/USB Thumb Drive infections. IT is very rare that you will see this on a virus for a Windows based system as there are numerous ways to get it to startup.

This is not needed for infections within Windows because you dont want them to know that it is there, so you wouldnt give it a autorun.inf file. IT would be in a Registry Entry, MSConfig Entry, Startup Folder or one of the many other ways that you can get something to startup within Windows without detection to prevent the user from knowing that they have the infection. It would be a bad thing to have a autorun.inf file on a virus cause it would inform the user that something was trying to start and prompt them that something was starting. Which would be like having the screen flashing with big bold letters saying "YOU ARE INFECTED".

Never in all of my years using PC's and having multiple drives and partitions have i ever seen a virus insert a autorun.inf file onto my drives.

I connected a usb flash drive , soon the autoun.inf was in it !! hihi .. :p
this is the first virus I see doing that ... others was making autorun.inf in all drives ..

thank you very much ..
I'm going to format my laptop ASAP .. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom