Port Forwarding problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my basic setup page i realise i dont have static DNS allocated. could that be the cause of the problem?

I use port 64123 for my µTorrent and it works just fine. Yeah it is a high port but it is very unlikely that it will be monitored being so high. Of course i could be dillusional and it could be monitored since it is so high and nothing uses that range.

But it has been very successful for me.

Well if he has set it up like that then that's fine but if he had everything set up right I don't think we would be having this conversation. I only say it's high because it is high for a default, really I was just checking.

Well which port do you suggest that i use then? Btw the number i got was just by pressing the randomize port button on µTorrent.

I play DotA and i've portforwarded the ports for WarcraftIII. But the port isnt open, so im thinking theres a problem somewhere, and not with the specific ports. Problem is- i dont know wheres the problem D:

There really isnt a default port used by uTorrent as it selects a port at random. There is also the option to have it select a different port everytime it loads which could be the problem as well. They used the first random port number but it changes everytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom