Port Forwarding problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MexicanBean

Solid State Member
mm, Hello tech-forums :3.

's my first post, so if i posted in the wrong section i apologise.

Ahem, anyway, I have a problem and I dont know whats wrong.

I've portforwarded the port 26058 for uTorrent. The thing is my speed hasn't changed one bit. (its really low, like 2kb/s?) Its stated on the program(like, a green light) that my port has been forwarded successfully, but when i check with canyouseeme.org and the uTorrent online checker, it says my port isn't open.

I'm sure i've portforwarded correctly, I have done this before and i even referenced using portforward.com, maybe theres something that I've overlooked?

I hope someone can assist me with this x_x

*Btw im using a Linksys WRT54G router, if it helps. Also a side question: Will my portforwarding nonsense be solved if i plug my Ethernet cable directly into my comp from the modem? O:

Linksys uses 198.162.2.1 as its default IP. You will need to change that to 198.162.1.1 or something as long as the third number is "1" if you want to use port forwarding (as you would find at portforward.com) or Simple Port Forwarding.

Click the link I posted and try using that program. it makes it super easy.

Also, make sure you are allow uTorrent through your firewall.

Yea i used portforward to do that. Also, i have no firewall >.>

Tried the program you linked me, trotter. It just does what i've already did. I can't seem to find the problem x_x

Did you open the port in the router software? To me that is where the hang up is coming. It is not getting past your router to your system.

Did you open the port in the router software? To me that is where the hang up is coming. It is not getting past your router to your system.

Router software.....? like the linksys thing on portforward you linked me or?

I dont think i have any linksys software installed. My laptop came with a wireless connection set up already o:

*i'm not very good at this stuff x-x

The stuff on the Router Web Setup page. The screens on the page that show LinkSys in them. That is the Router page. That is the stuff that needs to be adjusted. It is not getting through the router.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom