In POP email, aren't the emails deleted on the server? cause they aren't on my end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluehotdog5

Baseband Member
So I check my email on the built in Opera mail client. I want the messages to get deleted from the server, and I heard that POP does that, so that's what I chose. Problem is, they aren't. I still get a crapload of emails when I log in through the website. there's even an option in the settings to leave emails on server, which I have unchecked.

am I doing something wrong?

You would need to use IMAP not POP to have the changes made within our email client to be reflected on the server as well. POP just downloads the mail to your client, in this case Opera, and the changes made are only done within that client. IMAP is a direct reflection of what you will see on the server.

the client usually has an option (well newer clients do) to DELETE MESSAGES FROM SERVER UPON RETRIEVAL/DELETION check for it... ull get it :)

It isnt a client. It is a web browser with a web app built in. Plus Opera Mail doesnt have that set as default. I know from personal experience with the browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom