Please help me understand flashget settings! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Internet > Internet Software and Browsers
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 12:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Please help me understand flashget settings!

Hey,

I'm wanting to optimise Flashget since I use it for BitTorrent and General D/Ling.

When it comes to changing the connection settings and BitTorrent Settings I don't understnad the options. Here are screens of the two main option pages:

I'm on a 24Mb Connection synced at 23.7Mb Down and 1.3Mb Up.

On the connections page where you can choose 'connection type/speed' I just chose LAN 10Mb because it was the biggest and there is no option for 24Mb. It's possible for me to choose 'other' and manually input b/s which I think would be 23700000 depending on what standard you multiply by.

The two settings under that though, I wouldn't know where to start with - same goes for the other settings on that page.

In the BT settings page I can choose 1 of 3 settings for the 'optimized mode' line: LAN, Fibre to the building or ADSL. I am on ADSL2+, using the ethernet port on my motherboard to connect to the modem. So I don't know wether to choose LAN or ADSL?

I read the manual but it never helped.

Any help appreciated, cheers.