Please Help Me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLarks

Beta member
Please help me i have got Sky Broadband and i got i set up earlier on today - and i thought that my Norton was not a very good anti-virus software so i donwloaded AVG 7.5 free edition (which was the WORST thing i have EVER done)

I then ran the AVG and i said it deleted some virus program thing called LanguageTranslator.exe or something like that!

And NOW whenever i try to enable the connection to my router it says that it cannot join it - as if that FILE was needed to allow the computer to connect to the internet - so i have just donwloaded what i thought was a very good program which has infact just BROKEN my internet connection and i cant think what to do to get my INTERNET working :(

Please can you help me to get my internet working as i am really upset that it worked and then is now not seeming to EVER want to work again!

Thanks

(Sorry if this is in the wrong section)

[The reason i could go online to post this is that we have 2 different Broadband Internets coming in my house - as this is my dads one for Work]

If you are in XP, go to Control Panel and open up Networks Connections. Double-click your connection. Choose the Support tab. Click Repair.

If that doesn't work, run some spyware scans (as Preacher suggested). Download Spybot and AdAware on your dad's computer (as well as their updates), and then install and run on your computer.

You can also try unhooking your modem (all the wires) and let it sit for a few seconds. Plug up the power and let it stabilize (about 30-60 seconds or until the light quits blinking). Now plug in the "in" line to the modem, and wait for it to stabilize or quit blinking. Finally, hook up the line to your computer.

If you have Vista, say a prayer...

thanks for the help everyone

sorry for the late reply but its back up and running finally

i managed to fix it by trying to connect to my router wirelessly instead of wiredly, and it somehow works??

thanks for the replies they definetly helped me out

I hope you have fixed the problem but if you haven't post in this thread and let me know if your still having problems. Have you tried restoring your computer? Sometimes anti virus software can detect something that looks like spyware and delete a file that is important. I would recommend downloading and updating the drivers for your router that may fix the problem. Also try unplugging everything and turn the power off and plug it back in. Hopefully one of the above will help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom