photobucket alternative? or my own server?

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
since photobucket broke the internet im looking for a new img hosting
and it also crashes all my browsers all the time because of too many scripts
but then again. dont want to be in same position with another img hosting

what are you guys using for image server?
are there just basic servers that are cheap to own so i can use it as a personal file server and to link my pictures to the "evil 3rd party websites"

or use my desktop as a file server? or even my router that has the usb dongle server option. can that be used as a file server outside of my home network?

another thing is can i set up an email server that is not yahoo or google based server?
is there such thing as a completely personal email?

All depends on what you want to do. I keep all the old things from over 10 years ago on Photobucket but I don't upload to it anymore. Most people use imgur but I just retain my own photos at home. Keep them on an external on my PC then have a cold backup on my NAS.

i just remembered i have arris surfboard 1900 modem/router which has the usb for filesharing

is it possible to set up a file server on that so i can transfer all my photobucket picture there and also use it as a fileserver for myself when i need to transfer pictures from my phone to PC
i still cant figure out how to do it fast through wifi lol.

A month ago I had a similar problem and I wanted to change the program I was using! But I'd say it's hard to go wrong with Flickr, if you're after something other than Photobucket. :) There's a good list of pros/cons of similar programs here if you're still on the fence: https://www.1and1.com/digitalguide/websites/web-design/what-are-the-alternatives-to-picasa/

I like the idea of using Lightroom 6 too, but not sure about their monthly payment option, even if it is one of the best programs for photo management... :neutral:

im looking for a freee option obviously lol
otherwise i woul djust pay for photobucket

Did you take a look at the Github link above? Tons of free stuff in there

Back
Top Bottom