.pdf web link problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

superdave1984

Repeat Offender
When I go to a link that has a .pdf extension, it causes IE to crash. "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close..." crap. (The corporate honks don't want me to use another browser or I would)This is an annoying problem because I can right click, save target as, and open it from my desktop or wherever I saved it to. But just left clicking the link causes the crash. I have Adobe 7.0 installed. This started about a month ago and I can't remember any changes I have made to my system that would cause this other than the normal windows updates. Of course that may BE the problem...:confused: This only happens at work. And I seem to be the only user here with this issue.

Adobe _Acrobat_ needs to be destroyed. I hate its' integration with browsers--IE, Firefox, they all are terrible. Crashing, lagging...tedious nonetheless.

My only suggestion...is disabling it. If you open Adobe, something along the lines of Edit>Preferences>"Internet" on the left collumn, is where that can be changed.

Bleh...but until Adobe Arobat is eleminated...there's no solution--in my opinion! :(

I did a complete uninstall even deleted the registry keys and then did a fresh install. All is well. For now.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom