IT PR and Marketing question

Status
Not open for further replies.

backspace

Beta member
Pls not thats Public relations, not page ranking? what the?

Hi I am doing some research on marketing and Page Ranking for It companies. I was wondering if you guys would so kind as to lend some of your advice?

Q: What sort of events and launches do large It companies employ to try and get people to attend information sessions.

Q: What is the best way for It companies to gain awareness?

Q: Can you list some online sites that deal with It news? Particularly in Australia. (i have already found some want to top it up) Which ones are credible?

Q: Is there a database of It companies (in australia) so I can look at the market place?

Q: what are the key demographics for It engineers, Network engineers and CIO's, what other people would be purchasing business software and storage solutions?

[Snipped]

Thanks

unconformed

Q1: Just look at the Microsoft events. They are large and they hand out all sorts of things. From free Microsoft software to other goodies. Let alone the information you get is great.

Q2: Become the best at the IT stuff in your area. Word of mouth is more powerful than anything. Online there are so many free sites like this one to get answers that it is hard to try and get awareness with the millions of websites out there.

Q3: Sorry but i only know general sites. Not any based in Aus.
C|Net, Neowin, WinBeta, BetaNews among the many others.

Q4: That one you will have to google specifically from where you are. Cause if anyone else tries they will only get generic results from the US or where ever their google homepage is based.

Q5: That all depends. I mean IT engineer's should be very educated along with well versed in their work field. Network engineer's are the same way. CIO's again the same. Everyone can be purchasing buiness software and storage. Anyone can do a home based business now. This question is just way to vague and can not be answered by a general site like this. You should contact a company that already does this stuff and get some real advice. Not something from a forum.

thanks for your feed back.

do you guys have any other suggestions for IT news websites? I have been googling my head out of course. I am also trying to find a forum that spec ifly deals with IT business development that might be able to help me get more insight, if you know any.

Okay, Network engineers, IT engineers and CIO's average age?

Sorry i dont know of any specific forums. The age thing can differ. Some can be as young as their early to mid 20's while others might be older. It all depends. It depends on if they fit you needs and know the material.

dailyrotation.com

Over 300 sources. Choose your number of headlines (I use the max, 100) and the sources you want specific headlines from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom