OST is last remaining email file, need it as a backup source immediately

quinten.van_beek

Beta member
We have a network user who had an Active Directory account and an Exchange mailbox attached, but this has been deleted all together. The only remaining trace of this user is her data files on her old machine, which include her 350mb OST file.
This user needs her email back, and the only last trace of it is in her OST. I've been told there are ways to convert PSTs to OSTs, but this is untested in Outlook 2007 and hardly works in Office 2003 as it is.
Would re-creating the network user, and then somehow using the OST again on the user's new Exchange account? I imagine this would only work if the OST associated the mailbox as a username, then I could just recreate the username as before, but if it associates to a mailbox by some sort of unique ID, then it won't work.
Ideas/comments?

We have a network user who had an Active Directory account and an Exchange mailbox attached, but this has been deleted all together. The only remaining trace of this user is her data files on her old machine, which include her 350mb OST file.
This user needs her email back, and the only last trace of it is in her OST. I've been told there are ways to convert PSTs to OSTs, but this is untested in Outlook 2007 and hardly works in Office 2003 as it is.
Would re-creating the network user, and then somehow using the OST again on the user's new Exchange account? I imagine this would only work if the OST associated the mailbox as a username, then I could just recreate the username as before, but if it associates to a mailbox by some sort of unique ID, then it won't work.
Ideas/comments?

Use this I guess to quickly get the emails Convert OST to PST tool is quick and precise way to convert OST file to PST (I've never tried it)

The OST links to the mailbox which is on the database. we have a similar issue with a user, so I will be trying this mailbox recreation out sometime in the week or early next week. I'll let you know how it goes for future reference. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom