Opera is now free & i fell in love with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"A common problem online is that many websites are not based on standards, but either use outdated browser sniffers, a popular method for addressing different browsers bugs and quirks including Opera, or use nonstandard or simply incorrect code. The websites are often only tested in Internet Explorer, with the correct display reliant on the Internet Explorer rendering engine, which is tolerant of code that does not conform to official standards. Nonstandard websites have caused problems for Opera and its users, as they give the impression that the browser is broken."

I found this paragraph on:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opera_(browser)

So when stuff like this happens the opera web browser has annoying text that you can barely read, such as:

versión avegación tañas él acterÃstic móvi décim

this can be really annoying when you are using opera, but other than that i like opera, not all web pages are like that, just some are which sux.

The text problem you mentioned only happens in the current preview version of Opera 9. Not in any other version.
And the problem with webstandards applies to ANY browser besides Internet Explorer. This includes browsers using Gecko engine (Mozilla FireFox etc).

The text problem you mentioned only happens in the current preview version of Opera 9. Not in any other version.

Actually the following text:

versión avegación tañas él acterÃstic móvi décim

was copy and pasted straight from my Opera web browser 8.50.

holy @#$%, yours looks perfect, what is custom fonts and how do i change it to regular ones like yours?

I just looked at my font thing and it says:

Normal font: times new roman
Monospace font: courier new

hey i just figured it out!!!

Under "view" i went on encoding, and i had to click it on "automatic selection".

it was clicked on some european encoding this whole entire time!!!!

Opera is cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom