Opera or Firefox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RabidMammalWax

Solid State Member
I have Firefox on my desktop and it uses an insane amount of RAM--I only have 512 total (this sucker's old). My new laptop, however, has 2 gigs of RAM, and I was wondering if I should go with what I know, Firefox, or install Opera instead, which I hear uses less memory and is just as good or possibly better.

How does Opera compare to Firefox? Which is better?

I also prefer Firefox. I didn't use Opera long enough to really notice, but I've heard it doesn't get updated quite as often. If you watch a lot of embedded media, however, you might want to use Opera since Firefox doesn't support a lot of videos by default.

Check the sticky at the top of this forum..."Fixing Firefox memory leak" to get some releif from its RAM usage.

Firefox rox!

Whats all this about firefox using alot of RAM:confused:

I switched to firefox from I.E about 3months ago and ive havent noticed any "hogging" or slowing down taking place( i have 1 gig ram), its just ligthening quick and the "Extensions" you can add on from mozilla website are brilliant, "fasterfox" is a big favorite ;) page loading timer is another good one, tells you how quick your web pages load up :cool:

I tried avant aswell but in my opinion its miles behind firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom