Online Exit Intent Technology

JackLindleyR3

Beta member
Hi All!

Firstly, I apologise if this is in the wrong thread - I am very new to online forum's!

Secondly, I am posting to discuss online exit intent technology with you all!

I work for a company called R3Engage, part of the SP2 Technologies group.

We have just mailed out a press release to various media outlets about our new product, and I thought there's no better place to discuss our technology than on a technology forum!

SP2 Technologies are a small yet robust technology company based in Nottinghamshire, who pride themselves on fast effective solutions which are created by our in-house team of creative and technological minds.

R3Engage is a ground breaking Exit Intent platform designed and built by the team at SP2 Technologies. The journey began in 2013 when SP2 Technologies was formed and R3engage went into development. Testing began in February of 2014 with a UK based Finance company to ascertain whether R3engage could monetise disengaging traffic across desktop, tablet and mobile platforms, the results were phenomenal!

In March 2015 a re-development of the back end system took place to increase functionality of the software. A rebrand then took place in June 2015 as it was decided that R3Engage would be offered for use in any industry giving domain owners an additional opportunity to interact with approximately 60% of exiting visitors, gather all important M.I. about domain visitors, or continue the conversation with visitors once they have left the site.

So how does R3Engage work?

By tracking visitors digital body language R3Engage is able to understand when one of 9 exit triggers over desktop, tablet and mobile phone are invoked, a screen overlay will then appear giving you the opportunity to display a promotional offer, capture data, build a survey or re-direct to an alternate site.

The R3Engage creative suite enables you to custom build your own message to your visitors, offering unparalleled flexibility and dynamic targeting. Once set up by using the design and integration wizard all that is required is one line of Java script, and R3Engage is up and running gathering information to assist you in developing strategies and gain a new level of understanding on your visitors.

I'd love to discuss this technology with you all, so if anyone has any questions please fire them over!

Kind Regards,

Jack!

So, your technology stops a visitor from leaving a web site running this Java script by displaying an ad, survey, or redirecting them?

So, your technology stops a visitor from leaving a web site running this Java script by displaying an ad, survey, or redirecting them?

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply!

The tech displays one of the above features in order to re-direct the abandoning visitor either back to the companies website or as you said, re directs them to another site.

What makes us so unique (I probably should have written this in the original post!) is that we are one of the only companies in the world to offer the tech on 3 different platforms (desktop, tablet & mobile) & is fully customisable by the user, using a portal system which the customer is able to log in to.

Keep firing the questions over, I'm on this site to try & get some general feedback from a wide range of tech savvy people so this is the perfect place to have this conversation!

Kind Regards,

Jack.

Well, to be quite frank, I'm not a fan of that type of thing. I find that I usually will never return to a site that does that as I'm trying to leave. Now, sites that request surveys when I first get to the site I understand. I don't mind providing feedback on their site layout, but to be stopped from leaving the site is another story. It's like being held against my will.

I also feel like you should NEVER be redirected to another site or back to the same site when you're trying to leave. At least not without the visitor's permission. Redirects in that fashion are typically considered a bad thing. You're hijacking my browser. I think sites that do that are typically going to see an overall lower visitor rate.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what exactly it is that your software is doing.

Michael,

It doesn't actually stop the visitor from leaving the site as that is totally against our company ethos.

The user would never be redirected unless they choose to do so by clicking on a provided link.

What we do is effectively give the site owner a new marketing opportunity, be it by either thanking the person for visiting their site, or by offering them an incentive if they do choose to stay.

You can easily click away from the Ad and carry on browsing, but the way we help design each campaign has proven effective in keeping each customer engaged.

The analogy we use when discussing R3Engage with our potential customers, is if you owned a shop and 100 people walked in & walked straight back out after browsing your products, you'd at least want to thank them for visiting your store while you hold the door open, or offer them some sort of incentive to stay.

The software also uses cookies to stop the R3Engage from being activated too many times on each visitors computer, as we don't want to spam each visitor.

70-90% of people abandon a website within the first 30 seconds and 67% abandon their shopping cart. What we do is offer the company a 2nd chance to interact with each visitor in a very personal way using various dynamic techniques.

I hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

Jack.

Last edited:
Much better explanation. That seems much less intrusive than the original explanation. Likening it to holding the door open and thanking them on the way out is a good way to visualize it as well.

I'm curious how many folks abandon the shopping cart because they were just price checking and needed a total on everything. Or perhaps they couldn't see the sale price without putting it in a cart first. That's usually what I do if I'm shopping around, for both of those reasons. There's no intention to purchase in the first place.

Interesting concept, though. Thanks for the conversation!

Back
Top Bottom