No picture on most gamming live streams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majeef

Beta member
Hello, this is my first post in these forums and i come seeking help having run out of ideas myself.

I am a regular viewer of live gaming streams of world of warcraft arena matches and for the past 1-2 weeks the vast majority of these streams have lost all picture, although sound remains fine. The streams are hosted by livestream.com and xfire and there is an ongoing thread on this problem here:

Xfire - Gaming Simplified

It seems some people have this issue and some don't. There are only a couple of streams that still have picture for me, all the other are either 2 seconds of motion picture then freeze or a black screen from the start. When i go directly to livestream.com to view the stream from there, its also a black screen.

I run Firefox (latest version i believe 3.5.7?), Win xp, and have a cable connection. I have tried reinstalling the latest release version of flash and shockwave (even tried a slightly older version of flash), have updated all my plugins and browser addons but all to no avail.

My housemate shares the same internet connection (although wirelessly) and runs Win 7 and google chrome and has no problems with any of the streams. I tried downloading chrome (didn't import any settings from firefox) but the streams still would not work correctly for me.

Sry for the long post, any help or ideas to try would be most welcome, thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom