no internet connection

I can't tell u the model number at this time because I'm at work but my isp its called "clear" they usually have only a couple of different router so if u google it u might find the one i have if not when i get home i give u all the info u need..
N yes i turned off the wireless before wiring the laptop n it worked fine .
On The desktop that im working on i tried different ports n diffetent cables and still not letting me get on the internet there is blinkin lights behind the router and behind the desktop but no internet when i try to open up i.e

ok sounds good.

what was this desktop used for prior to this windows xp installation?

what type of internet connection did it have?
Edit: going to the Clear website, found out you have 4g internet, good to know.
also, none of the two devices they showed had ethernet ports that i could see, so maybe they dont offer the model device you have now anymore.

Last edited:
It used to have xp and was connected to the internet wired as well all i did was a fresh install of xp because the old was running real slow and once i did it worked perfect but the internet wasnt.. The only different thing is the router wasnt the same it was connected to a different one. At first i thought maybe this new router doesn't send signal wired but then i connected the router to the laptop n turned off the wireless and it worked. So i dont know what else could be...

I've had similar issues when reinstalling xp. I had to reload lan drivers from motherboard disc and all was well.

Thanks everyone for the help. I was just about to give up and re install windows in it and right before i popped in the cd i thought about CMOS and took off the battery for about a min put it back in and booom when i turned on my pc the internet started working!! Problem fixed :)

Back
Top Bottom