newegg.com very slow to load on new PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Feet

In Runtime
I just noticed yesterday that newegg takes forever to load and browse. The page will be blank and then click slowly and finally comes up around 10 seconds later. Every other site I visit loads up fast and instantly. So far, this the only problem I've noticed on this new build. I tried clearing out browser history and stuff but it didn't make a difference. I have all current windows updates, drivers, everything.

I tried on my laptop and newegg comes up instantly. Anyone have any ideas or a fix?

Newegg is very slow on my pc...always has been..for years. Different ISPs, different PCs, different OSs.

I just assume the server is overtaxed.

Some days are better than others. Newegg also keeps their servers is good shape, so they sometimes have periods where the servers are being updated which slows the site down. The main thing is the huge number of images the site loads... that's a lot of data to push through.

The thing is, I can go on my laptop right now and it loads up instantly. I even plugged in my old P4 rig and the page loads right up. When I try on this new build, the browser stalls and even locks up a bit.:confused:

Perhaps your old builds have the page stored in the cache and only load updates.

It also depends on how much traffic the site is getting at that time. I mean you were there on a Saturday after noon. Not the best time to browser the stie ad everyone and their cousin iss off from work and school looking at it at the same time.

Ok, I just installed Firefox and newegg loads right up. With IE7 it just hangs there and locks up.

No big deal I guess. I'll just use Firefox whenever I need to look at newegg.

Not only is it fast with Firefox, but its blazing fast. Now that I can compare it with IE7, Firefox is loading everything up faster. I wonder if there's a problem with my IE7? Maybe I should reinstall it.

No IE7 is known to be the slowest browser on the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom