newegg.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGlazer

In Runtime
Has anybody from Canada ordered from newegg.ca???? I know that when you add stuff to the cart and it figures out your total cost; is that the final total cost??? I mean, is there any other fees??? I'm just afraid I'll get some crazy tax when my stuff arrives, and then it wouldn't be worth it........

I live in Vancouver, BC.

No crazy tax as its got the taxes on checkout.

But it can take a week or more for it to come. The border does slow it down.

Unless ncix doesn't have it.. I'd go there and price match.

So my checkout price is my final price, i won't have to pay anymore than that? I find that the newegg.ca prices are much better than ncix.ca prices............... this is because newegg has combo deals that really add to the savings.......... ncix combo deals are not close to neweggs.........

Have you added the shipping in yet?

Being in BC you get shafted on the tax thing, so it's a bit more even.

But as youre in Van, couldn't you just go pick it up?

I'd look at your final total after shipping, remember ncix defaults to max insurance on their form.
Alswo, remember to check all stores in Canada for prices, and match them, not just from egg.

Yea, I have 3 items in my cart, and it has automatically added shipping and taxes to my items.......... and then it shows the final cost. But Is that the real FINAL cost? I don't have to pay anymore than that right?

Yea, I've been shopping around at a few different computer stores; and some things are cheaper at other websites than newegg.ca........ I'm just ordering the stuff that is cheaper at newegg.ca.

I don't think newegg has anystores near vancouver, bc......... am I wrong?

Newegg ships from the US. They have a warehouse somewhere in California, as well as Tennessee and New Jersey. Seems like there is another but I don't remember where. If/when NewEgg builds a warehouse in Canada it will be a much better setup for you guys.

Just like any other site in the world that you order from once shipping and taxes have been added that is the FINAL cost. No sites add more costs to it after. That would be done by your bank or credit card company for going over your limit.

I dont understand how you can think that more costs would be added. No site i have ever shopped on adds more costs. It is illegal to do such. Be it a USA based site or Canadian or UK. It would be mis-representation of the cost of goods and the site could be taken down and the costs over turned.

Mak, he thinks that cause its out of the states, and we can get hit hard on duty at the border.

However, this is a canadian site, so just pretend as if its fully canadian.

I have ordered stuff from China and was not hit with any taxes by Customs when the package hit the USA border. I have order things from all over the world not just the US and never once was there ever any tax, fee, fine, levy or anything added to it. It must be present on the site at the time of purchase. They must take into account the fee for shipping internationally.

When i made my response it was with this knowledge that it was made. I have ordered from just about every country that ships internationally. There is no taxes or anything ever. If there is you could easily dispute them and get the money back.

We get shafte here. If the tax isn't collted at time of purchase, its collected at the border. Exceptions are NAFTA items. If its a product of the US or Mexico, then its exempt.

Also, alot of couriers will nail you with a fee for processing at the border.

This is our gov't way of keeping us out of the States

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom