newegg.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mak, he thinks that cause its out of the states, and we can get hit hard on duty at the border.

That is exactly what I'm afraid of..... some kind of duty fee at the border.

Mak, do you live in Canada?

No i dont live in Canada. But i deal with at least 150 people from Canada that come to my work place and purchase items and take them home. We have even sent items from my store in NY to their home in Canada without any extra costs.

As stated NewEgg is based in the states. So i would think that the Canadian site takes into account such things as these taxes that can come present. It would be a site that isnt up long if they neglected such a huge thing. The easiest way to make sure, contact them. Ask them if the taxes are all accounted for or if you will get hit with some money at the border. I highly doubt it. NewEgg would be pretty much blacklisted by almost all Canadian shoppers and they would go with sites that are more respectful of the laws of the land there.

I mean how long did it take NewEgg.ca to even go live? The domain was bought and the Canadian site announced a large amount of time before the site went live for customers. I would seriously think that they had some legal experts look into all of these things before the site went active. being a different country there are laws present that are not present here in the States where NewEgg made their name. I seriously think NewEgg did their homework to take all of this into account before the site went live.

Again the best way to confirm or deny anything, contact them directly. I have already done so. I have asked them directly if there can be any additional charges for items that done fall under the NAFTA agreement. When i hear back, i will copy and paste the email directly to this topic.

I have already contacted them myself. I got their automated response. When i get the response in regards to if additional fees are added i will post it up. To me it would seem to be a bad thing to not to think of such things. But then again i tend to think outside the box on most things. ;)

I have ordered stuff from China and was not hit with any taxes by Customs when the package hit the USA border. I have order things from all over the world not just the US and never once was there ever any tax, fee, fine, levy or anything added to it. It must be present on the site at the time of purchase. They must take into account the fee for shipping internationally.

When i made my response it was with this knowledge that it was made. I have ordered from just about every country that ships internationally. There is no taxes or anything ever. If there is you could easily dispute them and get the money back.

I ordered something from amazon.com once and got hit with $30 in custom fee's.

Ummmm, did my post disappear or you not read.

I've ordered from newegg.ca, and other US stores. Newegg is a Canadian store with US warehouses... so its basically a Canadian company.

The duty at the border is the taxes you'd pay at purchase. Seeing as newegg collects theses at time of sales, you don't pay them again at the border.

Luke I'm betting amazon did charge taxes did they?

I've ordered wheelchair stuff from the states, and not charged taxes, got the ding at thev door, then got it back, medical stuff is non-taxed.

So as long as you pay the taxes when you buy it, its not going to be dutied.

Luke I'm betting amazon did charge taxes did they?

I dont know what you mean...yes i had to pay tax's when i bought it, then when i went to pick it up at my postal office i had to pay the customs fee's. Even if i did not know that newegg did not do that i would still doubt it, because newegg is a good company. You wont have any unexpected fee's from them.

Oops first post of the day.. the first did was suppose to be didN'T

Really? Amazon had a duty fee? Was it .com or .ca?

Oh.. remember who delivered? The boys in brown are nasty for "customs" fees.

Anyway, my egg order was no duty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom